You will receive a call from your coach this week. There is no need to be nervous because a friend received a call but your child has not. There have been multiple complications this week due to the weather. All inquiries about not receiving a call from your coach will go unanswered. All of our staff and coaches are volunteers and will communicate with all parents as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience. We are just as excited for the start of the season as many of you are.
More information soon…
Teams have been drafted. Your coach should be in contact with you this week. Teams have been given practice times and weather permitting can begin practicing this week. Schedules will be generated this week and will be made available next week.
NOTE: Instructional AA (tee-ballers, 4 and 5 years old) have not been placed on teams due to coaches having difficulty getting together due to the weather. They will be placed on teams later this week as time allows.
During a meeting on December 11, 2013 the following were elected to leadership positions for the 2014 calendar year.
Completing Two Year Term
- President - Jonathan Woolbright
- Vice President - Kevin White
Newly elected into Two Year Term
- Vice President - Josh Lane
- Treasurer - Tim Bennett
- Secretary - Chris Tackett
- Umpire in Charge - Steve Jordan
- Equipment Manager - Richard Shank
- Player Agent - Robert Yates
- Chief Information Officer - n/a
- Instructional AA - Casey Cobb
- Instructional AAA - Stephen Lane
- Minor AA - Shane Pigue
- Major AA - Mickey Davis
- Major AAA - Scott Cobb
- Babe Ruth - Duffy Mattox
- American Legion - Russell Goodwin
These fifteen members constitute the 2014 Benton Youth Sports Association Board of Directors. Thank you for serving our community!
The BYSA Board of Directors is still working on finalizing details for the upcoming season, but there are some things that we can go ahead and answer:
- Online registration will begin on January 1, 2014
- In-Person registration dates will likely be weekends at the end of January and possibly at the beginning of February
- Evaluations will occur shortly thereafter
- Season games will begin the week after Spring Break
If you’re a parent who is new to the program, whether your child is about to play for the first time or if you’ve just moved into the community, please read the following for more information about our program: